- Enigma Translation was founded in 2004 by Graham Bowles who is passionate about creating easy access to the translation of business services with his team providing a fast, easy and professional service to businesses around the world
- Graham believes “The world of language translation can be a mystery to many people and barriers are built up, hence the name Enigma – meaning a puzzling thing or person. With Enigma Translation, it is not a barrier, it`s a gateway!”
- Enigma Translation offer a vital service in the world of translation as approximately 75% of the world’s population don’t speak a word of English
- Our professional translators can assist you with the world’s most widely spoken languages by number of native speakers and as a second language (according to figures from UNESCO – The United Nations’ Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) (source: bbc.co.uk), which are Mandarin Chinese, English, Spanish, Hindu, Arabic, Bengali, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, German and French
- Of the oldest languages known, we can help you with Basque which is spoken in the Basque Country in Spain located on the French-Spanish border in the western Pyrenees and with the modern version of Hebrew predominantly spoken in Israel
- Enigma Translation assist businesses such as Barclaycard International, The Carphone Warehouse and Alstrom Power as well as individuals with their translation needs
- Our worldwide network of over 2,000 translators can translate over 114 languages
- We are fluent in all the Slavic languages including Macedonian, Polish, Russian, Bulgarian, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Czech, Slovak, Croatian and Slovenian
- Our full time translators can usually complete around 2500 words each day and our full time proof readers can usually complete around 1000 words per hour
- Enigma Translation’s professional interpreters are available at short notice to support you with language interpretation from consecutive interpretation and simultaneous interpretation to whispered interpretation
- Most of the world’s languages are spoken in Asia and Africa which is why we provide translation assistance with many of the languages used in these continents
- Enigma Translation provide a fast turnaround offering a same day service or translation completion within 24 hours
- Dutch is said to be the easiest language for native English speakers to pick up, while research shows that for those native English speakers who already know another language, the five most difficult languages to get your head around are Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese and Korean (source: bbc.co.uk), luckily Enigma Translation can accurately translate all of these languages for you
- You can find us and ‘like us’ on Facebook
- You can contact us by telephone on +44 (01604) 750 799, by email or via our website for all your translation and interpreting needs
In our previous blog post ‘The importance of proof-reading’ we highlighted how the brain has the ability to quickly and effortlessly re-order jumbled up letters to form recognisable words and make sense of a sentence.
It would seem the brain can also process numbers in place of letters and still understand the context. 7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 W45 H4RD BU7 N0W 0N 7H15 L1N3 Y0UR M1ND 15 R34D1NG 17 4UT0M471C4LLY W17H 0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17.
Admittedly this is not as easy to read and understand as the example of mixed up letters in the ‘The importance of proof-reading’ blog post, but it helps that the numbers used are similar in shape to the letters they replace. Also once the brain has worked out the sequence or cracked the code so to speak, there’s no stopping it. Even so, it’s pretty impressive don’t you think?
The ability of the brain to process and correct mistakes without us consciously realising it is a great tool, but it also reinforces how crucial proof-reading is to compensate for this fact. It would seem the brain is just too clever for words.
Language translation poses all sorts of problems for translators and proof-readers. Take the English language for instance, with its many words that are spelt similarly but have different meanings: complimentary and complementary or stationary and stationery. And words that sound the same but are spelt differently and definitely have different meanings: there and their or our and are.
These words should be glaringly obvious to a native reader of the language when used incorrectly, but as we have proved they have a canny knack of looking present and correct. This is not exclusive to the English language alone; there are many words in many languages that have undoubtedly made numerous appearances out of context.
To overcome this and other obstacles, tips of the trade used by proof-readers to help root out spelling mistakes and grammatical errors include reading text out loud, in print (if the original is on screen) and reading backwards.
In Enigma Translation’s world, one rule that we follow implicitly is that your text is translated by our translators and proof-read by our proof-readers. That means you benefit from a fresh pair of eyes checking and double checking the translation to ensure accuracy and that the context stays intact and true to the original meaning in the source language.
Our professional proof-readers pay close attention to your words from seeking out misplaced or missing accents in French, using the appropriate symbols in the Chinese languages, using the correct gender in relevant languages, applying language specific rules to spacing, capitalisation, acronyms and abbreviations and much, much more.
They can complete 8,000 words a day resulting in accurate finished translations within 24 hours or on the same day if you require. Get in touch to experience our excellent service on +44 (0) 1604 750799 or via email and Facebook.
Have you had your hair cut or your car serviced recently? If you have, then there’s a really strong chance that you visited your hairdresser or your preferred garage. And you’ve probably been using their services for years.
Why do we return to the same provider time and time again? We may well be creatures of habit, but it’s more likely to be because we’re happy with the service they provide, we feel our needs are being met, we trust them, we know what we’re getting and we feel valued.
Over time we accrue all sorts of preferred suppliers to meet our needs from plumbers, doctors, dentists and hairdressers. So surely it makes perfect sense if you are looking for a translation service, especially on an ongoing basis, to find a company that fits the criteria you apply to your personal choices.
Make Enigma Translation your preferred supplier
Well like any blossoming relationship the more time we spend working together, the more we will get to know you, your business and translation requirements.
We can provide professional translators who are fully qualified in the source language, a native speaker of the target language and in addition have expertise in the area you require support. Thus ensuring an understanding of the language’s nuances, the cultural differences and the context in which your document is written.
Together we can build a glossary of terms to aid continuity across all your translations by using the relevant terminology and keywords for your industry. Also in-house jargon specific to your products or services will be at hand to ensure accuracy and maintain context.
Our extensive team of professional translators and proof-readers work closely together ensuring translated text is checked and then checked again with a fresh pair of eyes as standard.
We can also help you with copywriting, editing and desktop publishing as well as providing professional interpreters for the spoken word too.
Getting to know us
By using our services regularly you will see what can be achieved and can be sure we will meet your deadlines quickly. We can usually do this within 24 hours or super fast with our same day service if urgently required.
For example we recently completed an urgent translation for a one page brochure from English to Turkish in less than 4 hours. The instruction arrived at 10.50am and was ready by 14.26pm on the same day. We also completed the certified translation of Russian financial statements into English in just 5 hours. We received instruction at 2pm and our client collected the finished work at 7pm, again on the same day.
If you want the same quick, accurate and consistent service and want to make us your preferred supplier for your translation needs, all you need to do is get in touch. Call us on +44 (01604) 750 799 or email us and of course you can find us on Facebook.
February is a romantic month with Valentine’s Day slap bang in the middle and its synonymy with leap year marriage proposals by women. Ladies did you know this year is a leap year? You might want to ‘save the date’ and surprise your partner by proposing to them on February 29th 2012.
Whilst you’re in the mood for love why not consider the following 5 reasons to start your love affair with Enigma Translation?
1. I love you in 114 languages
Our global network of over 2,000 professional translators can say I love you in over 114 languages if that’s what you need. We cover an extensive range of languages from the familiar to the less familiar and also same language country variations.
We know words are important and no more so than when popping the question. So if you want to impress your soul mate by asking him or her to marry you in their native tongue or like the romantic idea of asking in another language, get in touch for a quick turnaround. We can’t guarantee they’ll say yes, but we can guarantee they’ll understand your proposal.
2. Love specialists
Now Enigma Translation can’t claim to have specialist knowledge of your intended, but we can claim that our translators have expertise in many specialised subjects. In fact we’ve dedicated a whole page on our website to our extensive list for you to take a look at.
So if you ask us to help you with translation regarding marriage legalities, we will say ‘I do’. Or if you need our translation services for understanding the financial legalities of buying your first love nest, we will be happy to carry you over the threshold so to speak.
3. Love is blind
Whatever your translation requirements, you can be blissfully happy in the knowledge that proof-reading of your translated documents comes as standard. Our professional proof-readers are loved-up with words and can complete 8,000 a day.
We know your reputation is at stake and it just wouldn’t do to ask your beloved to spend the rest of his or her ‘parrot’ with you, when we all know you mean ‘life’. Yes it would be a memorable proposal, but for all the wrong reasons.
4. I wanna hold your hand
At Enigma Translation we don’t just translate, we interpret too. If your meeting is an urgent matter of the heart, be it love or medical one of our professional interpreters can be there for you.
Whatever the diagnosis, broken heart or not at least you’ll understand what’s being said. And your interpreter will keep whatever’s been said confidential, even if it’s just your ego that’s bruised.
5. As fast as Cupid’s arrow
If you need your translated declaration of love or your marriage licence in order before hot-footing it to Vegas or Gretna Green, we can have it in your preferred language tout suite (that’s immediately). We offer a same day service for when love just can’t wait.
And for those of you who aren’t as impulsive or relish a little more time to pluck up the courage, we can usually complete the work within 24 hours.
At Enigma Translation we believe that proof-reading comes as part and parcel of the translation service to ensure accuracy and avoid errors. We appreciate that even the tiniest translation mistake can lead to big problems for you as an individual or a business.
That’s why we use a separate professional proof-reader to the professional translator on all of our projects.
It has nothing to do with a lack of faith in our translators’ abilities, more an acknowledgement that the mind doesn’t need to see or process every letter in a word to be able to read it and understand what it means. Basically it fills in the gaps as it processes the information presented. So mistakes are not always seen as mistakes…
‘Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on !!’
The mental exercise you’ve just undertaken is from a spam email that has been circumnavigating the Internet for years, but showcases exactly what we mean. Our brain recognises enough letters in each word to quickly reassemble into a tangible order that we can understand.
- That it is free from typos, spelling and grammatical mistakes
- That it uses the relevant terminology and phrases for its target audience
- That it retains the original context and meaning of the source text
Then and only then are we happy to call the job complete and hand the translation over to you.
All in a day’s work
Our professional translators can usually complete an impressive 3,000 words a day and our professional proof-readers a staggering 8,000 words a day. Both are highly qualified in the source and target language providing a consistent, accurate and polished translation.
Their efficiency also allows us to offer a fast turnaround too with translations usually completed within 24 hours or on the same-day when necessary.