- Enigma Translation was founded in 2004 by Graham Bowles who is passionate about creating easy access to the translation of business services with his team providing a fast, easy and professional service to businesses around the world
- Graham believes “The world of language translation can be a mystery to many people and barriers are built up, hence the name Enigma – meaning a puzzling thing or person. With Enigma Translation, it is not a barrier, it`s a gateway!”
- Enigma Translation offer a vital service in the world of translation as approximately 75% of the world’s population don’t speak a word of English
- Our professional translators can assist you with the world’s most widely spoken languages by number of native speakers and as a second language (according to figures from UNESCO – The United Nations’ Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) (source: bbc.co.uk), which are Mandarin Chinese, English, Spanish, Hindu, Arabic, Bengali, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, German and French
- Of the oldest languages known, we can help you with Basque which is spoken in the Basque Country in Spain located on the French-Spanish border in the western Pyrenees and with the modern version of Hebrew predominantly spoken in Israel
- Enigma Translation assist businesses such as Barclaycard International, The Carphone Warehouse and Alstrom Power as well as individuals with their translation needs
- Our worldwide network of over 2,000 translators can translate over 114 languages
- We are fluent in all the Slavic languages including Macedonian, Polish, Russian, Bulgarian, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Czech, Slovak, Croatian and Slovenian
- Our full time translators can usually complete around 2500 words each day and our full time proof readers can usually complete around 1000 words per hour
- Enigma Translation’s professional interpreters are available at short notice to support you with language interpretation from consecutive interpretation and simultaneous interpretation to whispered interpretation
- Most of the world’s languages are spoken in Asia and Africa which is why we provide translation assistance with many of the languages used in these continents
- Enigma Translation provide a fast turnaround offering a same day service or translation completion within 24 hours
- Dutch is said to be the easiest language for native English speakers to pick up, while research shows that for those native English speakers who already know another language, the five most difficult languages to get your head around are Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese and Korean (source: bbc.co.uk), luckily Enigma Translation can accurately translate all of these languages for you
- You can find us and ‘like us’ on Facebook
- You can contact us by telephone on +44 (01604) 750 799, by email or via our website for all your translation and interpreting needs
But in reality how big would your team need to be?
How many countries do you do business with or are you trying to reach? Would you be lucky enough to find bilingual even trilingual employees to cover all the languages you need to communicate in? Would you need your team full time? What are the pitfalls of only employing team members on a part time basis? Part time translators not being available when it really counts could be a deal-breaker.
Enigma Translation at your service
We have 7 years of experience providing translation and interpreter support to small companies often at short notice, so we’re not fazed by tight deadlines.
Our team of translators are 2,000 strong across the globe and cover over 114 languages. They are all full time, fully qualified professionals with at least five year’s experience and only translate into their native mother tongue. They are available when you need them which is why we can offer a same day service or completion within 24 hours. And the best bit, they’re not on your payroll, drinking your coffee or taking up space in your office.
How we can help you
- Marketing Translation – expertise and translation of press releases, flyers, brochures, newsletters, emails or a whole marketing campaign
- Website Localisation – expertise and translation of your website into another language or several to expand your target market
- Financial Translation – translation and expertise in all aspects of business, finance and economics including banking, insurance, taxation, stock markets and property markets
- Legal Translation – expertise and translation in all areas of law including Civil, Commercial, Criminal, International, Property, Employment, Probate and Family law
- Medical Translation – translation of medical documentation including reports, journals, questionnaires, brochures and instructions for medical equipment and expertise in Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Radiology Psychiatry, Preventative medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary, Alternative therapies, Health and Safety, Public Health and Pharmaceuticals
- Technical Translation and other specialised subjects
- Editing, copywriting and desktop publishing – in any language
- Interpreters – face to face meetings here or abroad
The price is right
At Enigma Translation we believe the personal touch goes a long way which is why we determine the price of a translation by its subject matter, legibility, language, deadline and size. We could just be the cost effective translation solution you are looking for.
Open up your business to the rest of the world
There are many ways to contact us for further information or to discuss your requirements. Call us on +44 (01604) 750 799, email us, visit our website for a free instant quote and find us on Facebook.
February is a romantic month with Valentine’s Day slap bang in the middle and its synonymy with leap year marriage proposals by women. Ladies did you know this year is a leap year? You might want to ‘save the date’ and surprise your partner by proposing to them on February 29th 2012.
Whilst you’re in the mood for love why not consider the following 5 reasons to start your love affair with Enigma Translation?
1. I love you in 114 languages
Our global network of over 2,000 professional translators can say I love you in over 114 languages if that’s what you need. We cover an extensive range of languages from the familiar to the less familiar and also same language country variations.
We know words are important and no more so than when popping the question. So if you want to impress your soul mate by asking him or her to marry you in their native tongue or like the romantic idea of asking in another language, get in touch for a quick turnaround. We can’t guarantee they’ll say yes, but we can guarantee they’ll understand your proposal.
2. Love specialists
Now Enigma Translation can’t claim to have specialist knowledge of your intended, but we can claim that our translators have expertise in many specialised subjects. In fact we’ve dedicated a whole page on our website to our extensive list for you to take a look at.
So if you ask us to help you with translation regarding marriage legalities, we will say ‘I do’. Or if you need our translation services for understanding the financial legalities of buying your first love nest, we will be happy to carry you over the threshold so to speak.
3. Love is blind
Whatever your translation requirements, you can be blissfully happy in the knowledge that proof-reading of your translated documents comes as standard. Our professional proof-readers are loved-up with words and can complete 8,000 a day.
We know your reputation is at stake and it just wouldn’t do to ask your beloved to spend the rest of his or her ‘parrot’ with you, when we all know you mean ‘life’. Yes it would be a memorable proposal, but for all the wrong reasons.
4. I wanna hold your hand
At Enigma Translation we don’t just translate, we interpret too. If your meeting is an urgent matter of the heart, be it love or medical one of our professional interpreters can be there for you.
Whatever the diagnosis, broken heart or not at least you’ll understand what’s being said. And your interpreter will keep whatever’s been said confidential, even if it’s just your ego that’s bruised.
5. As fast as Cupid’s arrow
If you need your translated declaration of love or your marriage licence in order before hot-footing it to Vegas or Gretna Green, we can have it in your preferred language tout suite (that’s immediately). We offer a same day service for when love just can’t wait.
And for those of you who aren’t as impulsive or relish a little more time to pluck up the courage, we can usually complete the work within 24 hours.
If you follow us on Facebook you will have seen this post on our Enigma Translation page in the last few days:
“Many larger companies have their own in house culture, jargon and abbreviations and to outsiders it can be very confusing. In these situations a glossary of terms is very helpful. If one is not available then we can create one for future reference to ensure consistency and accuracy.”
We’d like to expand on this and what we can offer your business in the way of a glossary of terms.
What is a glossary of terms?
A glossary of terms is an invaluable tool for translators and is subject, client and project specific – think of it as ‘A Translator’s Guide to Your Company’. Basically it is a translated list of approved words and terms relevant to your company which have been generated by you and the translator.
They are company, product, service and subject specific and include relevant terminology used in specialised areas. For instance technical, medical, legal, marketing and financial terms as well as in-house catchphrases, jargon, abbreviations and strap lines etc. Essentially whatever terminology is particular to your business area, products or service.
How can a glossary of terms benefit your company?
If you regularly require translation of documentation for and from clients and business associates a glossary of terms will aid the translator employed to do this. It will ensure that your translator understands your business, brand, services and products resulting in consistent and correct terminology being used throughout your translations.
It will also be beneficial and cost-effective for further future translations as research and correction time is already reduced. By using the glossary as an aid, the translator or translators can quickly and efficiently continue translating in the same tone and context by using correct approved terminology.
And if you are considering translating into multiple languages it truly comes into its own as multilingual equivalents can be easily added to already identified and translated keywords and terms.
What can Enigma Translation offer?
Enigma Translation is happy to help with your translation needs, whether it’s for a one-off project or to offer long term translation support.
Our global network of professional translators are fluent in over 114 languages and are also experts in their own specific field including Medical Translation, Financial Translation, Legal Translation, Technical Translation and Marketing Translation. They are able to work with your own existing glossary of terms or to work with you to create one for future use. This will ensure that reliable and accurate terminology relevant to your company is consistently used across your translated documentation.
We’re not sure if you know this, but Enigma Translation help individuals with their translation needs on a daily basis. Basically, we provide translation services and interpreters to more than just businesses.
There are many scenarios that take us abroad – holidays, work, study, owning a holiday let, relocating, retirement – either short term or long term. But all introduce us to a different culture and often a new language.
Generally as UK citizens we are very fortunate that English is a widely understood and spoken language across the globe, but when it comes to the written word sometimes our phrase book just isn’t enough. And even if you’ve been fastidious enough to begin learning the language of your destination, there will be circumstances when you will need expertise and translation in a specialised area.
When you might need Enigma Translation
Living in a foreign country is fun and exciting but it can also produce a lot of paperwork, which can become a minefield if it’s in a language you don’t understand.
Straightforward things like finding a new doctor or dentist may require registration and details of your medical history. Help with Medical Translation is vital to ensure any existing illnesses, conditions and medical requirements are conveyed and understood. Interpreters can be essential in these situations.
Perhaps there’s an issue with your work permit/visa and you need to seek legal advice. Or you may be legally obliged to pay taxes as a resident. Enigma Translation can offer Legal Translation of documents or arrange for an interpreter to be present at any meetings you might need with a solicitor.
Perhaps you’re marrying overseas. You may need to acquire a marriage permit or licence and of course there will be the marriage certificate. And if you decide to start a family you will need to register the birth of your son or daughter too. Again we can help with the Legal Translation of registration documents and certificates and Medical Translation of hospital documentation.
Property and Finance
Of course if you’ve relocated abroad be it for work, study, the summer or retirement, you’ll need somewhere to call home. We cover all aspects of Property Law Translation and Financial Translation so will be able to help you if you are renting, buying, letting or selling a property. We can also offer you the same support if you are managing this from the UK.
These are just a few examples of where our huge network of professional linguists and interpreters can help. For details of the 114 languages we are versed in and the other specialist areas we can offer translation, please see our website.
Don’t leave home without us
Put our telephone number +44 (01604) 750 799 and email in your phone and mark our website as ‘Favourite’, that way we’ll always be on hand when you need a translator.
Keep in touch on Facebook.
Enigma Translation‘s Medical Translation service covers a vast area and is highly specialised. Accuracy and efficiency is crucial as is expert knowledge of the medical sector, medical texts and hospital procedures in different countries. Without stating the obvious, a poor or timely translation could mean the difference between life and death.
Let’s face it when we find ourselves in a medical situation as hard as we try to process the information we’re given at the time, we often come away questioning whether we’ve fully understood what was said. What made sense in the doctor’s surgery, A&E or in the consultant’s room at the hospital is suddenly not so clear.
Don’t lose your head
So transport yourself to another country with a different language and understandably the situation can become a whole lot more scary and stressful. However if you find yourself in this predicament, be it requiring medical or dental assistance whilst on holiday or as a new resident in a new country, Enigma Translation can help.
Not only do we take the mystery out of the language but also out of the situation. Engaging the services of our professional translators to help with translating medical documentation can reduce the additional anxiety and stress of not fully understanding the situation or diagnosis.
On home ground
Perhaps on your return from another country you need to pass your medical documentation to your own doctor or insurance company. Enigma Translation can help with the Medical Translation of patient information papers, consent forms, prescriptions, test results and discharge papers to name but a few.
Of course you may have opted for a medical procedure or alternative therapies to be carried out overseas or the family pet may have travelled with you on holiday and needed veterinary attention. Many of these will generate medical paperwork that you may wish to have translated.
Make your business our business
On a business level perhaps you are providing a medical service abroad or dealing with medical documentation such as reports, journals, questionnaires, brochures or instructions for medical equipment that require translating. Again our professional team of linguists can help. We will assign a translator who is expert in the source language, target language and particular medical sector you are dealing with.
Also if you are running a restaurant or bar overseas and need to understand Health and Safety procedures in a foreign country and translate the documentation that goes with it, we can help with that too.
In fact Enigma Translation has translation experience in all of the following medical areas: Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Radiology, Psychiatry, Preventative medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary, Alternative therapies, Health and safety, Public health and Pharmaceuticals.
Whatever your Medical Translation needs, Enigma Translation is here to help. Get in touch to find out more by calling +44 (01604) 750 799 or by email if you prefer. You’ll also find details on our website and our free instant quote facility too.
And if for any reason there are legal implications with your medical situation abroad, we can also provide legal translation.
1. Experienced company
Look for an established company with experience. Give them a call and chat about your requirements and what you’d like to achieve. Ask them about their credentials and services they provide for other clients. This will give you a feel for the company and gut instinct will tell you whether you’re a match.
Enigma Translation has been providing translation services since 2004. Our founder Graham Bowles believes “The world of language translation can be a mystery to many people and barriers are built up, hence the name Enigma – meaning a puzzling thing or person. With Enigma Translation, it’s not a barrier, it’s a gateway!”
2. Comprehensive services
Make sure the company specialises in the area of translation you require and in areas that you might see yourself using in the future.
We specialise in many areas of translation because business comes in all shapes and sizes
- Legal translation covering Civil law, Commercial law, Criminal law, International law, Property law, Employment law, Probate and Family law
- Marketing translation for press releases, newsletters, emails, flyers, brochures and entire marketing campaigns
- Financial translation covering Banking, Insurance, Taxation, Stock Markets and Property Markets
- Medical translation in these areas: Alternative therapies, Dentistry, Health and safety, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Pharmaceuticals, Preventative medicine, Psychiatry, Public health, Radiology and Veterinary
- Website translation to enable your message, services and products to reach a broader target audience
Take a look on our website to see the other areas we can help with translation in too.
3. The personal touch
Look for a company that uses human translators not computer software. Translation Memory software has its place but its literal translations from databases storing translated words and phrases often miss the mark.
By using Enigma Translation you’ll benefit from the personal touch of a professional linguist who is specially assigned to you and the specialist area you require translation in. Thus ensuring an understanding of the language’s nuances, the cultural differences and the context in which your document is written. This is crucial to ensure an accurate translation.
4. Source and target language
Make sure the company offers translators who are fluent in both the source and target language. Expertise in only one is offering an incomplete service and allowing room for error.
At Enigma Translation our 2,000 strong team of translators are fluent in over 70 languages. Your dedicated linguist will be fully qualified in the source language, a native speaker of the target language and in addition have expertise in the area you require support.
Some might say that the terminology used in legal documentation may as well be in another language for all the sense it makes to us mere mortals. Let’s face it we need a translator to put it into layman’s terms in our own native tongue, so that we might be able to address the issue at hand.
So just think how much more challenging legal documentation in another language actually is. Not only do you need to understand the language but also the law of that country and how it may differ from your own. And the repercussions on your business or yourself should you interpret it incorrectly could be catastrophic.
We love a challenge
If you find yourself in this situation whether it is through business or a personal matter, professional help is only a click away via the Enigma Translation website. At Enigma Translation we offer language translation in over 70 languages thanks to our team of over 2000 linguists worldwide.
The need for accuracy
As with all translation accuracy is paramount and legal translation is no different. Which is why Enigma Translation ensures that your translator will not only be qualified in the source language, a native speaker of the target language, but also have expertise in the legal area concerning your translation requirements.
Business or Personal
We know legal proceedings can be confusing and stressful at the best of times, let alone in a different language or country, but by using our language translation service for your legal translation, you will feel fully in control of the situation and understand every word.
We’re fluent in:
• Civil law translation
• Commercial law translation
• Criminal law translation
• International law translation
• Property law translation
• Employment law translation
• Probate and Family law translation
We’ve got time in any language
As time can play a crucial role in legal situations, whether your legal translation is a business or personal matter, Enigma Translation is fast and efficient and will even endeavor to get the job done within 24 hours if that’s what you require.
We speak your language
Give us a call today on +44 (01604) 750 799 or email us with details of how we can help you.
Check out our language skills on Facebook.