1. Experienced company
Look for an established company with experience. Give them a call and chat about your requirements and what you’d like to achieve. Ask them about their credentials and services they provide for other clients. This will give you a feel for the company and gut instinct will tell you whether you’re a match.
Enigma Translation has been providing translation services since 2004. Our founder Graham Bowles believes “The world of language translation can be a mystery to many people and barriers are built up, hence the name Enigma – meaning a puzzling thing or person. With Enigma Translation, it’s not a barrier, it’s a gateway!”
2. Comprehensive services
Make sure the company specialises in the area of translation you require and in areas that you might see yourself using in the future.
We specialise in many areas of translation because business comes in all shapes and sizes
- Legal translation covering Civil law, Commercial law, Criminal law, International law, Property law, Employment law, Probate and Family law
- Marketing translation for press releases, newsletters, emails, flyers, brochures and entire marketing campaigns
- Financial translation covering Banking, Insurance, Taxation, Stock Markets and Property Markets
- Medical translation in these areas: Alternative therapies, Dentistry, Health and safety, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Pharmaceuticals, Preventative medicine, Psychiatry, Public health, Radiology and Veterinary
- Website translation to enable your message, services and products to reach a broader target audience
Take a look on our website to see the other areas we can help with translation in too.
3. The personal touch
Look for a company that uses human translators not computer software. Translation Memory software has its place but its literal translations from databases storing translated words and phrases often miss the mark.
By using Enigma Translation you’ll benefit from the personal touch of a professional linguist who is specially assigned to you and the specialist area you require translation in. Thus ensuring an understanding of the language’s nuances, the cultural differences and the context in which your document is written. This is crucial to ensure an accurate translation.
4. Source and target language
Make sure the company offers translators who are fluent in both the source and target language. Expertise in only one is offering an incomplete service and allowing room for error.
At Enigma Translation our 2,000 strong team of translators are fluent in over 70 languages. Your dedicated linguist will be fully qualified in the source language, a native speaker of the target language and in addition have expertise in the area you require support.